[TYPO3-ttnews] latest and list on same page, not working - selectDeselectCategories?

Cate & Peter catepeter at optusnet.com.au
Sat Aug 12 14:43:41 CEST 2006

Hi all

I have been installing and configuring tt_news again today, and am having
problems placing both latest and list on the same page.

They are separate content elements, but list won't appear. The plugin is
starting (as evidenced by the html), but no records are being called, and it
isn't even saying "there are no records".

The header of the second element shows, and then just the first two classes,
with no content.

I am sure I have done some silly little thing, because I am fairly sure it
showed "there is no file" first time around. Then I added a news item with
this category, and everything disappeared.

However, I did find a reference to a bug in 1.4 indicating this was a
problem in the past, so I wonder if I need to fix it up with the
selectDeselectCategories as mentioned in the bugfix?

If so, can someone show me how it is used please, or direct me to
documentation spelling it out  - Im not sure what needs to be done exactly.

Thanks

Cate