[TYPO3-ttnews] Archived post doesn't appear on archive view

Christoph Juengling Christoph at Juengling-EDV.de
Thu Aug 10 20:19:46 CEST 2006

Hello Martin,

you wrote:

>> I'm using tt_news 2.2.24 on Typo3 3.8.0. When I set the archive date in an
>> news entry to a valid date, the news disappears from any "normal" list,
>> which is quite correct. Unfortunately this news doesn't reappear on the
>> archive list until the number of days specified in "datetimeDaysToArchive"
>> is over. So there is a gap of some days.
>>
>> Is there any fix for this problem?
>
>Perhaps you can fiddle with the values you use for archive date (set it n
>days differently from the real news date). But that's just awkward to use.
>
>So I want an "archive" flag. The whole archive date sysetm is too complex
>for me. I don't get it why I need it?
>
>A simple flag telling that an item is archivef or not would be much easier
>to use.

I think it's quite useful to plan the archive date for the future, if the
"news" is an "event announcement". Then I can archive this news on midnight
after the day it ends. But it would be helpful, when this news would
reappear in the archive on that day.

Chris