[TYPO3-ttnews] showNewsWithoutDefaultTranslation and Typo3 4.0

André Ulrich andre.ulrich at stud.uni-goettingen.de
Tue Aug 8 18:48:58 CEST 2006

Hi,

André Ulrich wrote:
> I like to use tt_news within an one-tree-multilanguage project and
> having difficulties to get it run with news entries only provided in the
> secondary language.
> As tt_news provide a "showNewsWithoutDefaultTranslation" which should do
> exactly this case, I looked if tt_news would display it in the FE but
> this does not work :-(

This actually works now. What I missed was setting the plugin as
translated and missed to place the right category before save. As you
cannot edit News without default language via the Web>List menue this
only could be changed through direct database access.
> When you add a new news-element with Typo3 4.0 and set it to
> german it will not display at all within the web>list. Maybe this is due
> to the concept, that only content elements can exist if there is at
> least a placeholder in the default language?

This still applies to Typo3 4.0.1 and is a major bug, as content simply
disappear and make functions like showNewsWithoutDefaultTranslation
useless :-((

André