[TYPO3-ttnews] fe_rtenews & page cache

Alan Carpenter typo3 at bridgeclubs.org
Tue Apr 4 01:43:07 CEST 2006

I'm trying to setup website users so that they can submit news that gets
published immediately (using queuePublish = 0). While it creates the news
item correctly, it will not display the news item until the page cache for
the News page is cleared. These users do not necessarily have backend
accounts, so they do not see the cache clear icon, nor do they get the
benefit of the admPanel which turns off caching for backend users.

Casually looking at the class file, it appears that it calls a method
set_no_cache for the TSFE global before it updates the database. I'm not
sure if I'm looking in the right place. I don't see any configuration
options in fe_rtenews that relate to page cache.

Any suggestions?

TIA,

Alan

Config: Typo 3.8.0, fe_rtenews 1.3.1, gentoo, intel