[TYPO3-timtab] timtab and spam

Lina Wolf liste at linawolf.de
Wed Aug 18 09:47:45 CEST 2010

  A new version of wt_spamshield has just been released. It offers spam
protect for tx_comments and therefore for the new timtab version as
well. I programmed the addition, Alex was so nice to integrate it  :-)

http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/wt_spamshield/current/

It offeres Akismet spamcheck and some other spamcheck that I found to be
working quite good in my test projects:

* the honeypod: add an additional empty hidden field, if a bot fils that
one out its spam. worked wonderfully on all non-manual spam I received.
* check the referer
* compare first- and lastname (works in timtab only if you have seperate
fields for that witch is in the standard kubrick template not the case),
they musn't be the same
* timeout (I disabled that one as it only cought real people, no bots :-) )

* What I like expecially when you turn the debuging on you get send an
e-mail with content of every comment that was caught and the reason why
it was caught.

--
LG Lina