[TYPO3-timtab] [Announcement] Timo Webler as Co-Leader

J. Schaller jorgosch at terra.es
Tue Aug 10 19:26:07 CEST 2010

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 13:06:41 +0200, Ingo Renner <ingo at typo3.org>
wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I'd like to announce Timo Webler as a Co-Leader for the TIMTAB project.

Hello Ingo,

first of all it's good to see you coming back on the project. I
apologize in advance should I overstep my bounds, but I wanted to
voice some concerns from an outside perspective without knowing the
internal relations of the persons involved.

Somehow it feels as if your return to timtab has been somewhat abrupt.
After this group has asked during years time and again for status
updates, you had remained silent. Finally, someone picks up your slack
and the first thing you do is take the project away from them. Is that
a good way to encourage the community to contribute?

I don't know anything about Timo Webler (except that it states on
forge "Timo Webler has not signed the Contributor License Agreement")
and the quality of the job he's going to do, but I know that Lina has
achieved a lot in just a few weeks and has shown an enthusiasm that
this extension has been sorely lacking over a long period of time.

I also don't know anything about the code quality of Lina's changes
but I do know that she's had an open ear and has been very responsive
and helpful, not only updating timtab but also some important
extensions around it.

Wouldn't you think that the work already applied merits bringing Lina
into the extension team and rewarding her efforts by teaching her
about possible code improvements rather than extending a brief thanks
and basically brushing her off?

Again, I apologize for my stating my perspective of things - maybe
this is what Lina wanted herself (although I would have expected a
statement from her as well if that was the case).

Cheers,
Jörg