[TYPO3-timtab] [Announcement] Timo Webler as Co-Leader

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Tue Aug 10 13:06:41 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I'd like to announce Timo Webler as a Co-Leader for the TIMTAB project.

Timo is a colleague of me at d.k.d Internet Service and is currently
tasked to implement a blog using TIMTAB at one of our customers. Timo
has shown that he understands the concepts of TIMTAB and TYPO3 and has
skills in object oriented programming and quality assurance.

I'm very happy that Lina and the Berlin TYPO3 user group started
reviving the project! Timo and me took a look at the changes made and
found some good ideas.
However, we also found some issues regarding code style and general
conceptual integration with the TYPO3 core.

Therefore Timo will first be doing some code clean up, bringing the
existing code base up to current coding standards including PHP5 and
current CGLs. After this has been done we will do some cherry picking
from all the different code branches in SVN.
I especially like the idea of the widget system but we figured that it
should be done a little different to integrate better with TYPO3 and its
best practices - e.g. not extending tt_content which is considered bad
practice since the introduction of flexforms.

Timo will be in the Co-Leader position until the clean-up is finished.
We will need to see whether we need such a position after that task has
been finished.

In the end we hope to finally be able to release a new and working
version of TIMTAB in the TER.

I've set up an issue tracker on forge with some pre-defined categories
and a first target version for code cleanup targeted for the end of the
year so that we don't have to rush for anything.

Important: From now on I'd like to ask to first file issues with patches
in the issue tracker before directly committing any changes unless you
have written consent from me to do direct commits. We will have a look
at the patches and you can commit them once they have been approved. The
process will not be as strict as in the core. We need to stick to some
sort of process though to assure to deliver a high quality extension to
the TYPO3 community.

Again, I'm very happy to see the TIMTAB project being alive again.
Please keep contributing to the best TYPO3 blogging solution out there.

all the best
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner