[TYPO3-timtab] Comments are not saved

Michael Knoll mimi at kaktusteam.de
Thu Sep 20 02:58:51 CEST 2007

After some hours of checking source - code of ve_guestbook and
sr_freecaptcha, I found the problem. So here is my solution:

On the content-element for the guestbook-form (where you set "what to
show" to "form") you have to select "free_captcha" on the Form-Tab of
the flexform.

In the template /res/kubrick/kubrick_ve_guestbook you have to place the
following code:

<!--###SR_FREECAP_INSERT###-->
<label
for="tx_your_extension_id_pi1_captcha_response">###SR_FREECAP_NOTICE###</label>
###SR_FREECAP_CANT_READ###
<input type="text" size="15" id="tx_veguestbook_pi1_captcha_response"
name="tx_veguestbook_pi1[captcha_response]"
title="###SR_FREECAP_NOTICE###" value="">
###SR_FREECAP_IMAGE###
<!--###SR_FREECAP_INSERT###-->

Be careful!!! The sr_freecap documentation is wrong in this part. The
markers are called ###CAPTCHA_INSERT### which is overwritten by
ve_guestbook if you set the captcha type to free_cap!

Hope this will help. Be sure to set the the name of the captcha-answer
field to the prefix of your extension - otherwise it won't work without
any further comment!

Good luck!

Michael