[TYPO3-timtab] Timtab SVN

Rajesh Duggal rajesh at duggalmail.com
Tue Jun 5 15:25:58 CEST 2007

Team,
I noticed there isn't an svn tag for 0.5.11.

http://typo3xdev.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/typo3xdev/tx_timtab/tags/

Is there a standard way typo3 TER expects versioning?  Or some
other reason there isn't a 0.5.11 tag?

Generally, svn tags are supposed to act as read-only snapshots of
the code base.  So usually, we have a tag for each released version
(e.g. perhaps everytime we release to TER we create an svn tag, as a
reference of what that version contained)

--

Also, usually, it's best to keep the stable version in the trunk,
and when building out major functionality, we create an svn branch

i.e. we use svn branches to let us checkin unstable dev code.

So typically the best (most stable) version to use is always at the
trunk.
Which should be tagged and uploaded to TER after we are confident that
the
latest changes are stable.

http://www.c2.com/cgi/wiki?SmallReleases
http://www.c2.com/cgi/wiki?FrequentReleases