[TYPO3-timtab] frontend posting possible?

Oliver Rowlands oliver at liquidlight.co.uk
Sat Jun 2 15:07:30 CEST 2007

Hi Oleg,

I've managed to get timtab working with Windows Live Writer
(http://writer.live.com/) and the MetaWeblog API but it did require
modifying a few things in timtab's web services source code. The
MetaWeblog API spec is so vague that it has been interpreted in many
different ways by many different vendors. Of course timtab is not to
blame, the Microsoft developers simply did not implement the spec
correctly  ;)

You can find a comprehensive list of other MetaWeblog complient clients
on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MetaWeblog

Anyway in order to get the Metaweblog API enabled you will have to do
the following:

- Enable the the 'Blog Webservices (timtab)' static include in your root
template: 'List' mode > Click the page title of the page containing your
root template > Edit the template > Select 'Blog Webservices (timtab)'
in the 'Include static (from extensions)' field' > Save and close.

- Add the following TS to your root templates TS constants:

plugin {
   tx_timtab {
     homepage = http://[DOMAIN]/path/to/blog/
     title = [BLOG TITLE]
     blogPid = [BLOG HOMEPAGE PAGE ID]
     homePid = [SITE HOMEPAGE PAGE ID]
     clearPageCacheOnUpdate = 1,31,169 # Insert a comma separated list
of page IDs which contain the tt_news / timtab plugins (LIST, SINGLE, etc)
   }
   tx_timtab_pi2 {
     enableBlogger = 1
     enableMetaWeblog = 1
     pidStorePosts = [SYSFOLDER PAGE ID WHERE THE POSTS ARE STORED]
     enableUploads = 1
   }
}

You should now be able to access your Metaweblog XML-RPC interface at
the following URI (this is the URI you should use in your desktop
publishing application) using your backoffice username and password:

http://www.domain.com/index.php?type=200

You can remap this page type in RealURL to a unique filename for example:

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']['realurl']['_DEFAULT'] = array(

[...]

'fileName' => array(
     'index' => array(
       'rpc.xml' => array('keyValues' => array('type' => 200)),
     ),

[...]

);

And you should then be able access it using the far more elegant:

http://www.domain.com/rpc.xml

I hope this helps,

Oliver

--