[TYPO3-timtab] comment SPAM

Jordan van Bergen jordanvanbergen at gmail.com
Mon May 29 08:48:05 CEST 2006

Hi All,

I have added freeCap CAPTCHA (sr_freecap 0.4.3) to ve_guestbook 1.12.0 and I
am getting comment spam using TIMTAB on my private weblog.

Is this also due to the trackback functionality in timtab? And if yes can i
disable it?

If I look in the database i see the following field in the
tx_veguestbook_entries table of the database:
tx_timtab_type = '1'
What does this mean? Does "1" mean it's the trackback functionality from
TIMTAB?

To delete the comment spam I get I use the following at the moment:

delete from tx_veguestbook_entries
where tx_timtab_type = '1'

I don't want to see this comment spam online so if it's due to the trackback
functionality I would like to know how to disable this......

Regards
Jordan van Bergen