[TYPO3-timtab] Problems with timtab

Ingo Renner typo3 at ingo-renner.com
Mon Feb 13 00:38:24 CET 2006

Am Sun, 12 Feb 2006 23:59:04 +0100 schrieb Ralf Amann:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I'm having several problems with my timtab configuration. I tried to use
> timtab without a special template (f.e. kubrick) because i prefer the
> blog to be in the same style as the rest of the site. I copied the
> kubrick template and changed some things. My problems are:

best is to actually not orient on Kubrick ;-)
These packaged templates are optimized for the delivery in extensions and
thus need good knowledge of TS...

What you need to do is to create a template for tt_news and one for
ve_guestbook.

The tt_news template will define how your posts look in list and single
view, the ve_guestbook template defines how your comments look. In both
templates you can use the editional markers as described in [1]

[1]
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/timtab/Configuration-91/#oodoc_part_9183

> - the guestbook appears on the bloglist (blog-home)
> - the blog entries are shortened even in the single view

both of these problems seem to occur due to the missing condition which
detects whether to show the tt_news list or single view - this should be
somewhere in Kubrick's TS if you wnat to have a look at it. You actually
don't need to use this if you separate list and single view to two
different pages instead of one.

> Where can i find a useful documentation for that?

The reason for not having a documentation for that is that it simply works
like building any other template using the modern template building
techniques.

HTH
Ingo

--