[TYPO3-templavoila] T3D: import, but mapping information for my DS/TO is missing

Daniela Waranie typo3-community at gmx.de
Fri Apr 3 10:56:56 CEST 2009

Hallo Dimitry,

>Most likely there are character set differencies between these two
>servers. Mapping is saved in a certain fomat that require identical
>settings on both servers.

fact is: my DEV was Latin1 and i converted it with EXT:convert2utf8 to
UTF-8. Then i create an export and did an import to the UTF-8 LIVE system.

Now, as far as i can see in the first line of the export file it is
ticketing the export as "iso-8859-1". I´m not sure if it is only
ticketing it as Latin1 or if the export is converting it from UTF-8 back
to Latin-1 (ISO-8859-1).

The import told me that he converts the file to UTF-8. From my point of
view this should work independent from the behavior of the export
function (ticketed or converted). In first case it is double converted
to UTF-8 and should work (from my point of view) and in second case it
should working, too.

In what table / field / file is the mapping information stored?
Can i convert this information any how (tool)?

Character set is a really confusing thing to me as to many other people:
Are filenames / directory names on windows xp sp3 and debian encoded
with the same character set? I uploaded the HTML file via fileadmin
(browser: FF 3.08) from my local installation. Is Firefox converting
local filename character set on upload?

Best regards
Daniela Waranie