[TYPO3-templavoila] Selecting a image as reference from DAM or File in TV ?

Tom Walter t3 at wnets.de
Wed Aug 30 19:45:14 CEST 2006

Hi,
I would like to present my autor in the BE-Template a selction list where he
can choose an image (from the file menu or DAM).
However I don't like to get a copy of the image but rather just like to use
the folder and name of the image and wrap it in an Element of my page (as a
background image).

At the moment I use real file copies and let the user put the image in the
media-field of the page - but for usability reasons I rather like that
selection be done in my TV-Template.

Does anybody has some hints, links or ideas for me on how to do that ?

Thanks a lot in advance and greetings form the south of Germany

Tom