[TYPO3-Solr] Scheduler doesn't index new tx_news records

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Mon Oct 17 21:37:32 CEST 2016

Hi,

On 17/10/2016 13:55, Tino Riedel wrote:
> 5000-homepage (site root)
>   |_5001-site1
>   |_5002-site2
>   |_5003-site3
>   |_...
>   |_6000-blog.homepage (also a site-root)
>     |_6001-site1
>     |_6002-site2
>     |_6003-site3
>     |_...
>     |_6010-sysfolder for tx_news
>
> The task in the scheduler for indexing is configured for den root with
> id 5000. The hook save new tx_news items to the table
> tx_solr_indexqueue_item with id 6000. So the task does't hit the entries
> i think?

Nested site roots are never a good idea. At first things seem to work,
but sooner or later you'll run into an extension or a construction in
your own configuration that doesn't work with nested roots.

There are solutions to make things work as if there were nested roots.
You can use mount points or create shortcut page to make blog.homepage
appear in the menu next to 5001-site1, 5002-site2, etc.

> My aim is that the task indexes all entries, also the new tx_news
> entries below page with id 6000. As mentioned in the wiki you have to
> add queue.[indexConfig].additionalPageIds if there is data outside the
> side-root (in my example 5000), is't it?

Now you see the ambiguous situation that was created. Folder 6010 is
inside both roots but it probably considers 6000 as the root because
it's the first page it encounters in the rootline that is marked as root.

AdditionalPageIds are probably necessary if you want to have the news
records indexed with root page 5000.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor