[TYPO3-Solr] Code for Apache Nutch for TYPO3 CMS has been released

Jan Slusarczyk jan.slusarczyk at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 17:14:17 CEST 2014

 > On 15/04/14, 11:18, Olivier Dobberkau wrote:
 > Dear friends of Apache Solr for TYPO3 CMS,
 > it is with great pleasure to announce that we have released the code
 > for Apache Nutch for TYPO3 CMS.

Olivier,
this information caught me a little off-guard :-) Is there any place I
could get more info on this project's objectives? Is this a replacement
for typo3-solr? What are the benefits of Nutch integration in comparison
to Solr?

One suggestion I have is something that could solve my problem - namely
integrating search results of typo3 pages and other indexes. In my case
it's a large forum that is separate from typo3. Having the ability to
search for content from both the forum and typo3 pages in one interface
would be very useful. I can imagine that the same solution could cover
other integrations like ecommerce, wiki etc. Can Nutch use xml sitemaps
for indexing contents? Maybe a way to define indexes using a set of
sitemap urls, including typo3?

Best regards
Jan