[TYPO3-Solr] Indexing custom Items

Stephan Schuler Stephan.Schuler at netlogix.de
Mon Sep 30 17:15:05 CEST 2013

Hey there.

If Extbase really doesn't trigger TCEMain hooks (which is quite likely), then Solr should take care of this itself and register to Extbase persistence manager signals instead.
It's not your applications concern (nor your controllers nor the concern of one of your services) to call Solr. Imho it's completely the task of Solr itself make itself called.

Think about every extension you use that is not your domain, like news or something. I guess you are not going to patch each and every extension you use just to have it update Solr data.

This brings me to only one solution: Create a patch for tx_solr which handles this and push it to forge, please.
But making it a task of a controller to call Solr whenever a record gets created, updated or deleted is totally the wrong way.

Regards,

Stephan Schuler
Web-Entwickler

Telefon: +49 (911) 539909 - 0
E-Mail: Stephan.Schuler at netlogix.de
Website: media.netlogix.de

--
netlogix GmbH & Co. KG
IT-Services | IT-Training | Media

netlogix GmbH & Co. KG ist eingetragen am Amtsgericht Nürnberg (HRA 13338)
Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin: netlogix Verwaltungs GmbH (HRB 20634)
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE 233472254
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Buchta, Matthias Schmidt