[TYPO3-Solr] Indexing hangs on localized records

Tomita Militaru tmilitaru at arxia.com
Thu Mar 14 10:19:02 CET 2013

Hi Stephan,

> 512MB for indexing is quite a lot.
I know :)

> What's the number of simultaneously indexed records? I go with 50
> records every 60 seconds.
> But if 50 is too much per process, you could go even lower.
> Every 60 second is not too much, since the queue runner only runs once
> at a time. So if an earlier process is not finished yet, the next one
> will simply not be started.
I tried it with 1 record and I get same error.

> Do you know what kind of data you have in the malfunction record? Is
> this a DAM record pointing to PDF or DOCX or something else the
> indexer might open and read? Maybe you simply have a huge file
> attached to this which gets passed completely to the TYPO3 process
> memory during indexing?
I index both dam & tt_news records. DAM records have mostly PDF
documents, but as I said before, I don't encounter problems on another
clone environment. I tried indexing a localized tt_news record and I
have the same problem. The problem is with localized records that the
frontend is initialized and I guess there it needs more memory which
shouldn't be a problem  with 512 MB, unless there is a CLI memory
limitation.
I am waiting for an answer from the hosting company about this.

> But to be honest, the last indexer I configured was allowed to use as
> much memory as it needed: "memory_limit = -1" for cli.
I can't make changes like that, I need to ask the hosting company, but
where would the cli memory limit be since phpinfo shows 512M?

Thanks,
Tomita