[TYPO3-Solr] Indexing hangs on localized records

Stephan Schuler Stephan.Schuler at netlogix.de
Thu Mar 14 10:12:15 CET 2013

Hey Tomita.

512MB for indexing is quite a lot.

What's the number of simultaneously indexed records? I go with 50 records every 60 seconds.
But if 50 is too much per process, you could go even lower.
Every 60 second is not too much, since the queue runner only runs once at a time. So if an earlier process is not finished yet, the next one will simply not be started.

Do you know what kind of data you have in the malfunction record? Is this a DAM record pointing to PDF or DOCX or something else the indexer might open and read? Maybe you simply have a huge file attached to this which gets passed completely to the TYPO3 process memory during indexing?

But to be honest, the last indexer I configured was allowed to use as much memory as it needed: "memory_limit = -1" for cli.

Kind regards,

Stephan Schuler

Web-Entwickler

Telefon: +49 (911) 539909 - 0
E-Mail: Stephan.Schuler at netlogix.de
Website: media.netlogix.de

--
netlogix GmbH & Co. KG
IT-Services | IT-Training | Media

netlogix GmbH & Co. KG ist eingetragen am Amtsgericht Nürnberg (HRA 13338)
Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin: netlogix Verwaltungs GmbH (HRB 20634)
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE 233472254
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Buchta, Matthias Schmidt