[TYPO3-Solr] Stemming and config

Rik Willems rik at metmeer.nl
Fri Jun 14 10:35:36 CEST 2013

Hi!

Op 12-06-13 14:39, Jigal van Hemert schreef:

> Yes, you can look in the German schema.xml which contains a
> DictionaryCompoundWordTokenFilterFactory .
>
> If the configuration in XML changed you have to restart Tomcat (just
> like when you add a new core), initialize the index queue in TYPO3 and
> re-index the records.
>
> Maybe a book like "Apache Solr 3 Enterprise Search Server" ISBN
> 978-1-84951-606-8 is something for you? It explains a lot about solr
> server if you like to dig a bit deeper.

Ok thanks, I will look at the German config.
That's good to know, I'll restart Tomcat each time. When I add a new
instance it works immediately, but that's probably different. To be
honest, my knowledge about Tomcat is quite limited.

I'll have a look at your book suggestion. Solr and TYPO3 have worked for
me until now so I hardly need the deeper stuff. Now I run into problems
where I basically want search *word* and require quite a lot of config
to make it happen.

Cheers!