[TYPO3-Solr] Stemming and config

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Wed Jun 12 14:39:05 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 12-6-2013 13:41, Rik Willems wrote:
> None of my changes/tries result in a change in the search results. Until
> now I used the standard TYPO3 Solr schema.xml and added these changes.
> Is this the correct place to do this?

Yes, you can look in the German schema.xml which contains a
DictionaryCompoundWordTokenFilterFactory .

> Should I restart Tomcat after changes in the schema.xml? Doing this
> resulted in nothing by the way, but it is good to know.

If the configuration in XML changed you have to restart Tomcat (just
like when you add a new core), initialize the index queue in TYPO3 and
re-index the records.

Maybe a book like "Apache Solr 3 Enterprise Search Server" ISBN
978-1-84951-606-8 is something for you? It explains a lot about solr
server if you like to dig a bit deeper.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor