[TYPO3-Solr] Use replicated Solr servers

Andri Steiner asteiner at snowflake.ch
Thu Sep 27 09:39:07 CEST 2012

Hi,

>> In this environment I want to include the Solr, which also needs to run
>> in a multiple-server setup.

Due to redundancy reasons this was a requirement by a customer of mine a
few weeks ago too.

> This is not possible at the moment. But as Solr is HTTP you could do
> that separation with a proxy setup. ie. with nginx or even varnish.

And that is exactly what we've done there. nginx sits as reverse Proxy
before Tomcat (controlled by Pacemaker and shifted between
Servers/Datacenters if necessary) and redirect reads to both Solr
Servers but writes to the Master only.

Bye,
Andri