[TYPO3-Solr] Use replicated Solr servers

Peter Beernink p.beernink at drecomm.nl
Thu Sep 27 09:03:55 CEST 2012

Hi Olivier,

On 26-09-12 17:01, Olivier Dobberkau wrote:
[...]
 > This is not possible at the moment. But as Solr is HTTP you could do
 > that separation with a proxy setup. ie. with nginx or even varnish.
 >
 > Our experience is that Solr is very robust and does not need such a high
 > availaibility setup for normal use cases.

This is also my experience, but as requested by the customer, both
environments should be able to work independently of each other, so that
when one environment is down, the other (at least front-end) is still
fully functional and in worse case, one environment can be placed in an
other datacenter.

http://www.slideshare.net/giokincade/solr-etsy-apache-lucene-eurocon-9913208

 > http://codeascraft.etsy.com/2012/01/23/solr-bittorrent-index-replication/

I'll have a look at those links to see if I can find a solution there or
else I'll see if I create a patch for using multiple URL's or try
solving it using a proxy.

Thanks

Peter