[TYPO3-Solr] AND searching

Schwarzenberg schwarzenberg at uni-leipzig.de
Tue Sep 11 10:32:11 CEST 2012

Hello List,

i'm just wondering, whether the solr search really uses a logical AND for searching. I would expect
that I could narrow the search results by entering multiple words, exactly as in google.

But if I enter for example

hardware firewall   (without quotation marks),

I don't get documents that contain both "hardware" AND "firewall", but documents that contain
"hardware" OR "firewall". that surpries me, escpecially because in my german/schema.xml the
queryParser is configured per default with AND as defaultOperator:

<solrQueryParser defaultOperator="AND" />

Do I still need to configure the logical AND somewhere else?

Regards, Heiko