[TYPO3-Solr] Naming different facets indexed from the same table

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Mon May 14 12:05:04 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 14-5-2012 10:48, Rens Admiraal wrote:
> I've an installation with solr where news and agenda items are both
> stored in tt_news. I've added an index configuration for both of them,
> and now I want to configure facets for them with the correct naming, but
> this doesn't work for me currently (they are both named 'News').

You probably use the standard facet on the field "type", which is filled
with the table name for records (and "tx_solr_file" for files).

Perhaps the easiest solution is to use an extra dynamic field which you
fill in the various index.queue definitions with a value of your choice.
This way you can have different values for news from tt_news and agenda
from tt_news.

You can use a similar setup as faceting.facets.type for your custom facet.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!