[TYPO3-Solr] Issue with changing number of pages

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 16:09:43 CET 2012

Hi!

I believe it is not a Solr bug/issue but somebody else could have hit it.
If you did, please, let me know. I am trying to understand if it is a
global issue or something is crewed up at our place.

Using Solr 2.5.0-dev (not really important I think).

The site has no FE users, every user is not logged in. This is important.

The user changes the amount of results on the page to 20. He is sent using
POST request to the page 1 and sees 20 results. Now he goes to the page 2
and he sees only 10 results (10 is the default). That is reproducible for
us 100%.

I tracked this down to cookies and sessions. Solr uses user sessions to
store the data ($GLOBALS['TSFE']->fe_user->(s|g)etKey). When he comes to
the page for the first time, TYPO3 sends a session cookie and browser
remembers it. Let's call it "cookie-1". There is nothing in the database
for this session. User changes number of pages. TYPO3 checks the session,
finds nothing in the database and generates the new session id. It stores
data to the database and sends the new cookie to the user ("cookie-2"). Now
the user goes to the page 2. The browser sends two cookies: cookie-2 first
and cookie-1 next. Normally PHP would receive the first cookie with this
name (cookie-2) and everything will work properly. However due to the
bugfix 22084 [1] TYPO3 will see the second cookie (cookie-1, obsolete) and
will not find the session. The user gets the default number of pages. If I
remove that bugfix, everything works fine.

The issue is reproducible with latest Chrome and FF9 for me.

Does anybody else have this issue?

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/issues/22084

--
Dmitry Dulepov