[TYPO3-Solr] Problem with fragsize and too many results

"Frédéric Jaeger | critic.de" fjaeger at critic.de
Thu Mar 8 12:50:38 CET 2012

Hi,

we are testing solr in its version 2.0.0 right now and are experiencing
two problems:

1. Even though we defined the fragsize (hl.fragsize) with 200 characters
it returns for different results different lengths of text, sometimes
even 600 characters. Any ideas?

2. Also there are often useless results because the search terms seem to
be combined by OR and not AND. Can I modify this for both the AJAX
search and the actual search?
The Problem ist that I'll get many results for just one or two of five
searchwords. Also the number shown in brackets in the AJAX search is
different from the one in the results on the results page (in AJAX it
seams to search (TERM1 OR TERM2) AND TERM3 - can that be correct?)
How can I change that?

Thanks a lot,

Frederic