[TYPO3-Solr] Index queue + tt_news with sysfolder outside rootline

Stephan Schuler Stephan.Schuler at netlogix.de
Thu Dec 27 14:28:39 CET 2012

Hey there.

There are exactly two things that make up a solr core definition: The TYPO3 root page and the language.
Of course one can add the same core setup for different root pages, but intentionally the setup allows different cores for different root pages.

And that's the problem: There is no core setup if there is no rootpage.

I could think of an additional root page that only exists for storage folder purpose. Just make the storage folder "root page". Because this doesn't work for folders, change the page type to "Page", check the "root page" flag and change it back to "sysfolder". It's not nice, but it should work. Or ad a dummy root page and make your storage folder a subpage of this dummy page. And don't forget to add valid and matching typo script.

To be honest: I don't know how to solve this nicely.

We could think about "treat each and every PAGES record as root page that has no pid, even if it is not marked as 'root'". I would think about tx_solr_connectionmanager::getSiterootPageIdFromRootLinke. Change "if ($page['is_siteroot'])" to "if ($page['is_siteroot'] || $page['pid'] == 0)". Don't know if this works. And additionally: This makes every storage folder a dedicated solr connection. Which, in most cases, shouldn't be the case. If you have several storage folders but only one of them sould be solr connection, there's no way to disable it. The needed time for indexing dramatically increases because of multiple connection tries with no valid configuration. So even if this works for you: I don't think this is the best way to go.

Another solution would be to introduce an additional flag "act as solr core connection root" flag which is only available for sysfolders. This would allow you to enable or disable solr connections per storage folder. Maybe this flag can be restricted to PID=0 by displayCond. Didn't think this whole thing through, but sounds reasonable to me.

Kind regards,

Stephan Schuler
Web-Entwickler

Telefon: +49 (911) 539909 - 0
E-Mail: Stephan.Schuler at netlogix.de
Website: media.netlogix.de

--
netlogix GmbH & Co. KG
IT-Services | IT-Training | Media

netlogix GmbH & Co. KG ist eingetragen am Amtsgericht Nürnberg (HRA 13338)
Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin: netlogix Verwaltungs GmbH (HRB 20634)
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE 233472254
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Buchta, Matthias Schmidt