[TYPO3-Solr] Tika and Solr multicore?

Olivier Dobberkau olivier.dobberkau at dkd.de
Wed Jun 29 17:05:04 CEST 2011

Am 29.06.11 15:52, schrieb Peter Kraume:

> How does the Tika extension work with "Extract using Solr (remote
> server)" and a multicore environment? Is it enough to specify one Solr
> path/core? (like it is described here:
> http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-tika/wiki/Configuration)
>
> I know that using Tika with a jar file on a local server should be
> prefered but I'm just curious.

hi peter,

the extraction handler is to found in the solrconfig.xml

<requestHandler name="/update/extract"
class="org.apache.solr.handler.extraction.ExtractingRequestHandler"
startup="lazy"/>

look at those to get the idea.

<requestHandler name="/admin/"
class="org.apache.solr.handler.admin.AdminHandlers"/>

<requestHandler name="/admin/ping" class="PingRequestHandler">

so if you have:

a multicore setup with the following corenames;

/core_en/

then you will find the extract handler here:

/core_en/update/extract

dont try to query it with a GET you will see a server Error...

Greetings,

Olivier