[TYPO3-Solr] Configuration troubles with Solr extension

Peter Ruijter Peter.Ruijter at vara.nl
Thu Jun 9 13:34:08 CEST 2011

Hi Olivier,

Today I had a bright moment and found probably the solution for the reason why the connection could not be made. Everywhere inside the Apache_Solr_Service class a PHP function file_get_contents is used. The context of this function does not automatically support a proxy configuration, but I need a proxy configuration to make a successful connection to our remote Solr server. After I had made some changes inside the ping function, the extension will now return an "exception while querying Solr" exception, which means; a ping to the remote Solr server could successfully be made.

So, I think I have found the key to the solution. Because of that reason I have disabled your account on this server and I will get back to you if I have further problems with this extension. For now thanks for your initiative to look into this problem.

Best regards,

    Peter Ruijter
    Back-end developer
    Nieuwe media  - Studio

    [!] VARA

    Sumatralaan 49, 1217 GP Hilversum
    Postbus 175, 1200 AD Hilversum

    tel.nr.: +31(0)35-6711583
    mobiel.nr.: +31(0)6-22389971
please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to - let's save some trees