[TYPO3-Solr] Step by step for multisite multi language?

Andre Flitsch andre at pixelperfect.at
Mon Jun 6 17:21:07 CEST 2011

Hi

I was wondering if anyone knows of a step by step setup for a single
installation of solr, which serves multiple sites (each in multiple
languages).

If not, will someone put me on the right track, and i will write one.
As i think it would be something which is useful for those of us who
make multilinugal websites.

Do i understand this correctly?

* Each web site would be served by a separate instance of solr?
* in each solr instance, each language is served by a separate core?

Using the install script in the solr ext, it is pretty easy to get a
single instance & core up and running.

If this has been explained before, please point me towards the relevant
posts, as i seem to not be able to find them.

Thanks in advance

Andre