[TYPO3-Solr] multicore setup (SVN trunk 50000 public version)

Carsten Lambert jioi2007 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 16:28:08 CEST 2011

Hello!

For testing purpose, I've tried to setup solr multicore for multi language
TYPO3 site on local machine using the folders structure from Oliver at
http://forumdev.typo3.org/mv/msg/215249/749679/#msg_749679

What I've done:
I renamed /opt/solr-tomcat/solr to /opt/solr-tomcat/solr.singlecore
I extracted example-typo3.zip from above link to /opt/solr-tomcat/.
I renamed /opt/solr-tomcat/example-typo3 to /opt/solr-tomcat/solr
I restarted tomcat6

/opt/solr-tomcat/solr/ has now following structure:

??? solr.xml
??? typo3cores
?    ??? conf
?    ?    ??? ...
?    ??? data
?          ??? core_de
?          ?    ??? ...
?          ??? core_en
?               ??? ...
??? typo3lib
      ??? typo3-accessfilter-1.1.0.jar

Content of /opt/solr-tomcat/solr/solr.xml (no line break in core tag)

<solr persistent="true">
  <cores adminPath="/admin/cores" shareSchema="true">
    <core name="core_de" instanceDir="typo3cores"
                  schema="german/schema.xml" dataDir="data/core_de" />
    <core name="core_en" instanceDir="typo3cores"
                  schema="english/schema.xml" dataDir="data/core_en" />
  </cores>
</solr>

1) When I call:
http://127.0.0.1:8080/solr/admin

I get 404 status error:

  message:
    missing core name in path
    the requested resource (missing core name in path) is not available

2) When I call:
http://127.0.0.1:8080/solr/admin/cores

I get:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  <response>
    <lst name="responseHeader">
      <int name="status">0</int>
      <int name="QTime">0</int>
    </lst>
    <lst name="status"/>
</response>

Any hint would be appreciated.

Thanks upfront,
Carsten

PS.: setup of single core works fine using the install-solr.sh
included in resources

---------
System:

solr-1.4.1
tomcat-6.0.32
solr TYPO3 extension from SVN trunk 50000 (public version)
TYPO3 4.5.3