[TYPO3-Solr] solr configuration

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Thu Aug 5 13:56:14 CEST 2010

Rik Willems wrote:

Hi Rik,

as a workaround for TS inserted Solr plugins you can create a CE in a
place of your choice (maybe a sysfolder) and then use it through the
RECORDS TS object.

> I just wondered why you set config through tx_solr and not
> tx_solr_pi_results. Maybe I can learn some new insights here as I learn
> a lot from how you created the entire extension.

The philosophy behind this is that everything configuration related (FE
+ BE!) goes into tx_solr.* in a (hopefully) structured and easy to
understand way (even without documentation).

tx_solr_pi_results is just there because TYPO3 needs it for technical
reasons, you can safely ignore it.

BTW: You can find the documentation for the extension in the project's
forge wiki.

HTH
Ingo

--