[TYPO3-Solr] T3Solr and FE Groups

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Wed Dec 16 16:27:34 CET 2009

Patrick Gaumond wrote:

Hi Patrick,

>  > Hope that helps
>
> It does. My only remaining question is "do we have to configure stuff in
> TS for groups access with T3Solr as in Indexed Search?"
>
> My experience with Indexed Search was some time ago but I remember that
> having hundreds of FE Groups was problematic to set. (not talking about
> performance but config and management)

My general goal for EXT:solr is to have as much work the way one would
expect it to work out of the box. So configuration should be down to a
minimum. In those cases where configuration is necessary I try to put
everything in a logical and easy to understand structure.

For the frontend groups I have a zero config solution in mind, but as we
know from TYPO3, it will be configurable for special cases.

best
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner