[TYPO3-seminars] csv-file empty

Oliver Klee typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
Thu Nov 15 14:26:14 CET 2012

Hi,

Am 14.11.2012 15:05, schrieb ACM.Tersteeg at mindef.nl:
> Afther some debugging around I find out that the problem is in the charsets
> The $result is empty after the on line 178 of class.seminars.pi2.php
> So it go's wrong on line 177  with the function getCharsetConversion()->conv...
>
> In the template I have change the default iso-8859-15 to iso-8859-1
> And change in line 171 ISO-8859-1 to iso-8859-1
> In fact I skip the conversion in the "if"
> The there is output.
>
> I think this is not a solution.
> I'm uncomfortable with the charsset things and know that I have some conversion to make for utf8 but
> I don't know yet how and where to start without any risk to run into layout problems.
>
> Please advice what to do.
> Or is it a mistype of the "ISO" instead of "iso"

This might be a bug. Could you please report it in the bug tracker
<https://bugs.oliverklee.com/> (and, even better, provide a patch)?

Some background information: Generally, all data should be UTF-8. The
output of the CSV export can be configured to use a different encoding.
In this case, the default is ISO8859-15 because AFAIK Microsoft Excel
has trouble opening UTF-8 CSV files.

Thanks,

Oli
--
Certified TYPO3 Integrator | TYPO3 Security Team Member