[TYPO3-seminars] problems with the seminars and the ameos_formidable extension

Stefanie Sazinger Stefanie.Sazinger at web.de
Fri Jul 16 13:01:46 CEST 2010

Hi to all,

i'm working at my bachelor thesis and i'm using the seminars extension version 0.9.1 for this. At our test system everything is fine but since beginning of this week i have installed and configured it at our production system and nothing is fine. It causes many problems. At the production system we use image magick at some of our sites and since i have installed the seminars extension and the extensions whitch are needed for the seminars extension, our system works not like it should. The problem is a convert.exe and a cmd.exe which are always called and never exit. Because of the sum of this individual processes (with more than 30 cmd.exe and convert.exe each) our main memory of the server gets overloaded and our system is down. We guess that the ameos_formidable extension version 1.1.2 causes this problem, because if we uninstall this extension the processes exit cleanly after they are called. An update of this extension to the version 1.1.3 didn't solve the problem. Unfortunately the ameos_formidable is needed for the seminars extension. Does anybody have such a problem or gets a similar problem with the ameos_formidable extension?

Thank you for your help!

Best regards
steffi