[TYPO3-project-seminars] No mails are sent

Oliver Klee typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
Wed Jun 24 20:41:00 CEST 2009

Hi,

S. Wagner schrieb:
> But I have a problem with the understanding of the configuration. If a
> user click to register he gets the form of login, in this case of
> loginPID, the form of onetimeaccount. But where is the connection to
> "Seminar Manager". I think this should be handle with the
> register-submodul ("registerPID") of the "Semniar Manager"?

These are the pages in the order they are used when someone signs up for
an event using onetimeaccount + seminars:

1. select seminar
   a) in the list view (listPID), click on "register"
   b) in the single view (detailPID), click on "register"

2. "register" link leads to the login page loginPID (with the
onetimeaccount plugin on it), including the link to the seminar
registration page registerPID as redirect_url. Important: The page
registerPID must also be visible if no FE user is logged in, or the
redirect_url link cannot be created.

3. user enters his/her data into the onetimeaccount form.

4. A FE user account is created, and the user is automatically logged in
and redirected to the seminar registration page registerPID. No e-mail
is sent at this point.

5. At the seminar registration page registerPID, the user enters some
more data and clicks on "next".

6. Still on the seminar registration page registerPID, a list of the
entered data is shown for the user to check.

7. If the user clicks on "back" -> Step 5.

8. If the user clicks on submit, the registration record is created and
e-mails are sent to the attendee ("Thanks for signing up") and to the
organizers ("Someone has registered for this event.").

9. The user is redirected to the thank-you page
thankYouAfterRegistrationPID.

For the e-mails getting sent, it is extremely important that the
organizer records have non-empty valid e-mails addresses (because those
are used as From: for the thank-you e-mail and as To: for the
notification e-mail). In addition, the FE users must also have non-empty
valid e-mails addresses because they are used as To: for the thank-you
e-mails and as From: for the notification e-mails.