[TYPO3-project-seminars] Best practices Conference with multiple seminars

Oliver Klee typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
Wed Jul 8 13:37:11 CEST 2009

Hi Tony,

Tony Lush schrieb:
> A conference with multiple events, some of which are for all attendees
> (keynote speach, etc.) and some are individual seminars or break-out
> sessions with limited attendees.
>
> Should I create a special instance of the plugin for the conference and
> run that separately from other individual seminars?

If I understand you correctly, the main difference is that some of these
events have a limited number of seats, while others allow unlimited
registration (but you still would like the people to register for these
events). Is this correct?

In this case, you could check the "needs registration" checkbox and
leave the maximum number of attendees empty. In the current version,
this means "unlimited number of vacancies".

If you would like to list the different event types in separate lists
(maybe on the same page), you could either put them in separate
sysfolders (and then select the sysfolder as data source), or you could
use categories and then select the corresponding categories in the
plugin flexforms. You won't need separate single view pages for this -
one single view page will suffice.

If you would like the attendees to select the workshops which they would
like to attend as part of the registration process for the whole event
(the conference): That's currently not possible without changes to the
extension. Please contact me if you need these changes and would like to
sponsor them.

Best regards,