[TYPO3-project-seminars] Sorting of places in BE

Oliver Klee typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
Wed Jul 8 13:15:23 CEST 2009

Hi Rolf,

Rolf Thiele schrieb:
> as I have some hundred places, I'd like to sort the list of places in
> the Backend (the list where I pick a place when editing an event) by
> name. How can I do that? I guess I have to edit some of seminars' php
> files?

That's Configuration/TCA/tca.php:

'place' => array(
	'exclude' => 0,
	'label' => 'LLL:EXT:seminars/locallang_db.xml:tx_seminars_seminars.place',
	'config' => array(
		'type' => $selectType,
		'internal_type' => 'db',
		'allowed' => 'tx_seminars_sites',
		'foreign_table' => 'tx_seminars_sites',
		'foreign_table_where' => tx_seminars_tableRelations(
			'tx_seminars_sites'
		),
		'size' => 10,
		'minitems' => 0,
		'maxitems' => 999,
		'MM' => 'tx_seminars_seminars_place_mm',
		'wizards' => tx_seminars_tableReplace($tempWizard, 'tx_seminars_sites'),
	),
),

You'll need to add an ORDER BY title to the foreign_table_where.

If you'd like to test this, create a patch for this and put it in the
bug tracker, that would be terrific. :-)

(I think most of the other selectors in the seminars TCEforms would
benefit from the sorting, too.)

Best regards,