[TYPO3-project-seminars] Google Checkout - make confirmation # required field?

Peter A. Schott paschott at no.yahoo.spamm.com
Sun Mar 30 08:59:22 CEST 2008

Is this even possible?  I'd love to get people to pay for their registration
during the process - probably with a link that shells out to Google.  However,
it would be nice to require them to then enter the confirmation code in order
to proceed and submit the registration.

What do others do to handle this?  Monitor and remove any "unpaid"
registrations after a set period?  Use a different provider?  Ignore?

I don't want to tie up the relatively small number of seats we have available
if someone decides not to pay or wants to delay their payment.  I realize that
someone can enter bad information in that field, but it would at least be
something.

I'm definitely open to ideas at this point, but want to get something
finalized so we have a good process in place when we open up the
registrations.

FYI - looking at Google Checkout because they're free until next year for
non-profits.  PayPal would just be more overhead than I think it's worth, even
though they're integrated better.  Even after Google starts charging, they're
still 1-1.5% cheaper than PayPal.

Thank you for your help.
-Peter