[TYPO3-project-seminars] Two Questions - "Terms" and FE User Participants

Peter A. Schott paschott at no.yahoo.spamm.com
Sun Mar 30 08:53:21 CEST 2008

What are the best practices for the Terms section?  Does everyone pretty much
hyperlink to another page?  Embed the text?  What would be the best way to
just display the terms/conditions on the registration page?

For the FE VIP Participants, is there any way to get a more detailed list?
We're going to run a Sports Camp VBS with the parents registering their
children and would like to see more details about the children rather than the
parents, preferably without going to the BE.  Ideally, I'd love to split out
the registrations from the "Additional Names" into their own records somehow,
but I realize that will take more work than I have time for at the moment.
  Mostly I want to try to keep people out of the back-end as much as can be
avoided.  Clicking through the menus on the FE makes some sort of sense. Going
through the backend takes a little more time and isn't quite as user-friendly
(at least not for my users :).

Thoughts?  I'm sure that some of this is stuff I'm just missing, but digging
through the manual and some of the PHP code didn't really give me a "best
practice" idea other than the hyperlink to a different page on the site for
the Terms/Conditions.  I couldn't quite see a way to tweak the VIP
Participants page, or at least not an easy one.

Thank you for all of your help.

-Peter Schott