[TYPO3-project-seminars] Deciding between One-time FE account & sr_feuser_register

Oliver Klee typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
Wed Jun 11 22:48:19 CEST 2008

Hi Tony,

Tony Lush schrieb:
> sr_feuser_register:
>
> is most useful when a site already has existing reasons for user
> registration. Otherwise users must create a login before or during
> Seminar registration.
>
> It does, however, allow registrants returning to the site to see their
> Event Registrations, "Events I have Entered," etc. if those functions
> are enabled.

That's correct.

> One-time FE account:
>
> Makes it easy for Seminar registrants to register for events, but
> someone who wants to sign up for additional events must register again
> for each time.
>
> There is no way to take advantage of Seminars capabilities like "Event
> Registrations," "Events I have Entered," etc.

That's correct as well.

onetimeaccount could be extended by allowing users to enter a user name
and a password (making the name a bit anachronistic, though ...).

> Is there any way to streamline
> sr_feuser_register and Seminars reservations?

You could use the auto login feature of sr_feuser_register. Yet, that's
very dangerous security-wise because this will transmit the login data
in the URL (as GET parameters).

And you could switch off the double-opt-in feature of sr_feuser_register.

The people at Deutsche Trainerakademie
<http://www.trainer-akademie.com/> have set up their sr_feuser_register
quite nicely.