[TYPO3-project-seminars] Selecting a specific date of a topic in frontend?

Mario Rimann typo3-coding at rimann.org
Wed Jul 30 07:51:35 CEST 2008

Hi Andre

Andre Dittmar schrieb:
> This is the first time I'm using the seminars-extension (0.6.1). Looks
> great so far, but either I haven't caught it yet or this may be a
> missing feature. Our customer arrange the same event on serveral
> different dates. In this case a fe-user normally only want to book a
> single date of this event (or at last different persons at different
> dates), so we need a mechanism to select a given date in the detailview
> with a link, radiobutton, checkbox...
>
> Thus this kind of events, the handling of this dates as single event may
> too long winded. Also in the frontend the user would have to handle too
> many records in the listview, I guess.
>
> I already create a "topic record" and a "date record" which are related.
> Is there already a way to handle this already? If not, I would be very
> pleased to get some tipps from the devs which would be the best way to
> implement this feature. A rating of the complexity to implement this
> feature would be very helpful, too.

One approach could be to show a topic list to the visitors. This list
will only show all topics (but not all single dates per topic). When the
visitor then clicks the title of one topic, a single view for this topic
will be shown - including a list of all available dates for this sort of
event.

May be that's what you're looking for...?

But there is no way yet, to directly book multiple events in one
registration process (different persons for different dates). You'll
have to book them separately.

Cheers,
Mario