[TYPO3-project-seminars] broken german umlauts in csv export

Niels Pardon mail at niels-pardon.de
Wed Dec 17 18:38:01 CET 2008

Pat schrieb:
> are you sure, that
> plugin.tx_seminars.charsetForCsv = xx
> really works?
> It seems to me that it has no effect.
>
> Whatever I do with this
>
> charsetForCsv = ISO-8859-1
> charsetForCsv = ISO-8859-15
> or the default utf-8
>
> OpenOfficeCalc shows the umlauts correctly imported with utf-8 and wrong with the other formats.
> Should'nt it show it correctly with ISO-8859-1 when exported with this charset?

Well, I'm not sure as I did not implement this feature. I guess that
Excel always expects some Windows specific encoding cp**** and can't
handle iso-8859-1 by default.

> By the way: I don't find the "import"-function in Excel. Under data there's only "open"

This depends on your Excel version. I have access to Excel 2007 which
looks different than it's predecessors.

I think you'll have to import the CSV as a data source.

Greets,

Niels