[TYPO3-project-seminars] Alter the extension's output

Frederik Fischbach freak.fred at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 16:33:30 CEST 2007

Hi everyone.

I realized that seminar-manager has got two different detail-views:
one view, which is displayed when you followed the detail-link in
seminar-list and another view, which is displayed when you followed
the detail-link in the topic-list.

I would appreciate it very much if it was possible to alter the output
of seminar-manager like the following:

1. When following the detail-link the possibility to register should
be given (this is already the case) and instead of all the other
information from the database, there should be only the teaser
displayed. Moreover, the teaser should refer ("more..." link) to the
second detail-view, which is displayed typically after the topic-list.

2. The topic-list and it's detail-view should be displayed on the same
page: one column contains a submenu-like list of the seminars, aside
the detail-view of the selected seminar should be displayed. Note:
This is the page, which is the forwarding from 1.

First, I thought that my concept is not realizable but then I
discovered http://www.hfacademy.de/ (found it in the extension's
documentation), where exactly this concept is solved in a pretty way.
But I don't have got any idea how the author of the webpage managed
this whole thing (anyway, he uses TemplaVoila).

Any ideas / hints?

Thanks,
Fred