[TYPO3-project-seminars] Alter the extension's output

Oliver Klee typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
Wed Sep 26 10:18:02 CEST 2007

Hi Fred,

Frederik Fischbach schrieb:
> 1. When following the detail-link the possibility to register should
> be given (this is already the case) and instead of all the other
> information from the database, there should be only the teaser
> displayed. Moreover, the teaser should refer ("more..." link) to the
> second detail-view, which is displayed typically after the topic-list.

If I understand you correctly, you want three views:

1. list view
2. teaser view
3. details view

The Seminar Manager currently only supports to show either the list view
or the details view, but no third view.

Could you describe a use case where the users benefit from having an
interim page instead of getting to the details view directly from the
list view?

> 2. The topic-list and it's detail-view should be displayed on the same
> page: one column contains a submenu-like list of the seminars, aside
> the detail-view of the selected seminar should be displayed. Note:
> This is the page, which is the forwarding from 1.
>
> First, I thought that my concept is not realizable but then I
> discovered http://www.hfacademy.de/ (found it in the extension's
> documentation), where exactly this concept is solved in a pretty way.

It currently is practically not supported to have a list view and a
details view on the same page. (That's because for details views, the
UID of the event to show is provided as a GET parameter which affects
the whole page.)

Yet, a Seminar Manager plugin can be configured to show a fixed event
record (e.g. a topic) so that list views on that page are not affected.
That's what is used at
<http://www.trainer-akademie.com/index.php?id=1114> to show the next
date for a topic.

As far as I can tell, the menu at <http://www.hfacademy.de/5.0.html> is
a regular TYPO3 menu and not generated via the Seminar Manager.

Regards