[TYPO3-project-seminars] [RFC] New features

Christian Melchior christian at wildside.dk
Mon Oct 1 15:35:00 CEST 2007

Hello

We are about to start a new project, which we currently plan to base on
tx_seminars.

This project will require some modifications of the extension, where
most of changes wont be very useful for the general public. we have
however some features planned which could be quite useful in the general
extension and we are looking for feedback for easy integration into the
existing project.

First of: I tried to look for the Road map for the project, but couldn't
find any? Is it public available anywhere?

Second: The features we currently have planned are:

- File Upload:
Speakers / Administrators can upload materials which are available for
registered users (maybe unregistered as well). This is a fairly
stand-alone concept and shouldn't prove to difficult to integrate.

- Participant selection module:
Since our client requires a somewhat elaborate module for selecting
participants, we will need to do 2 things.

First users that register for an event don't automatically get a spot,
but are reviewed by two separate administrators which will indicate
their acceptance. We don't envision this feature as very useful in a
broader sense but we properly need 3 states for registrations:
"Accepted", "Pending" and "On Waiting list" which are more useful. Also
a hook for delegating the review feature will properly be the way we go.

Secondly the Speaker is responsible for selecting the participants
meaning he gets a list of all registrations and divide them into the 3
above states. Basically he can override the reviewers acceptance /
rejection of the registration and he need to prioritize those on the
waiting list.

This feature is properly more useful for widespread use and right now we
envision to integrate it as an option for both the Speaker and an
administrator.

We will properly also need other various hooks around the code, but this
shouldn't be very hard to integrate as far as I can tell.

Comments and/or feedback will be appreciated.

Best regards,
Christian Melchior
Wildside A/S