[TYPO3-project-seminars] [RFC] New features

Oliver Klee typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
Sun Oct 7 14:36:52 CEST 2007

Hi Christian,

Christian Melchior schrieb:
> First of: I tried to look for the Road map for the project, but couldn't
> find any? Is it public available anywhere?

Actually, there are two roadmap-like things:

1. The to-do list:
<http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/seminars/0.5.2/info/todo.txt/>

We started using those, but this file isn't added to any more.

You can use this file to get to know the general direction in which the
extension is going.

2. The bug tracker: <https://bugs.oliverklee.com/>

Bug reports and features for the product "Seminar Manager" are assigned
to certain milestone (e.g. 0.6.0 - Safety). So you can search for bugs
assigned to certain milestones.

If a feature is completed early than for its designated milestone, it of
course will be part of an early release.

Generally, I appreciate your contributions. In the manual, our work flow
is documented:
<http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/seminars/0.5.2/view/1/6/>

The first step should be to enter your feature ideas into the bug
tracker, one feature (or feature part) per bug report.

> - File Upload:
> Speakers / Administrators can upload materials which are available for
> registered users (maybe unregistered as well). This is a fairly
> stand-alone concept and shouldn't prove to difficult to integrate.

I like that.

> - Participant selection module:
> Since our client requires a somewhat elaborate module for selecting
> participants, we will need to do 2 things.
>
> First users that register for an event don't automatically get a spot,
> but are reviewed by two separate administrators which will indicate
> their acceptance. We don't envision this feature as very useful in a
> broader sense but we properly need 3 states for registrations:
> "Accepted", "Pending" and "On Waiting list" which are more useful. Also
> a hook for delegating the review feature will properly be the way we go.

I like that, too. It should be configurable, though, whether this is
enabled or not.

> Secondly the Speaker is responsible for selecting the participants
> meaning he gets a list of all registrations and divide them into the 3
> above states. Basically he can override the reviewers acceptance /
> rejection of the registration and he need to prioritize those on the
> waiting list.

For this, please make sure to not mix roles here:
- speakers: the people who hold the workshop; they usually only have FE
accounts
- organizers: the people who manager registrations; they usually have BE
accounts

> We will properly also need other various hooks around the code, but this
> shouldn't be very hard to integrate as far as I can tell.

That's correct.

Looking forward to your contributions,