[TYPO3-project-seminars] seminars don't get indexed (indexed_search)

Oliver Klee typo3-german-01 at oliverklee.de
Tue Sep 5 18:05:14 CEST 2006

Hi,

Martin Keck schrieb:
> Has anyone any ideas how to solve this? Would be important...

In short, the necessary steps will be:

0. (This step is optional, but still very helpful. It should go into its
own bug report.) Remove the seminar field "vacancies" and "is_full"
(including the functions that get or set those values) and calculate
that value live. Those values should still be visible in the BE.
1. Change from USER_INT to USER.
2. Explicitly turn off caching for the registration page, the "my
events" page and the "my VIP events" page:
   $GLOBALS['TSFE']->set_no_cache();
3. Change all links (including those in the e-mails) to include a cHash.
4. (This can go into a separate bug report, too.) Work out how we can
prevent vacancies still being displayed in the cached page although the
event already is fully booked. Maybe the list view and single view can
store on which pages it is included, and the cached version can be
invalidated when the number of vacancies for an event has changed (or
only when it is full).

Martin, would you like to work with us on that? That would be great!
Mario and I can help with hints, code reviews and check-ins.

For a start, please create yourself an account at
https://bugs.oliverklee.com/ and open a bug report for each task. Then
please fetch the latest source from SVN (see the manual for details).

Regards,