[TYPO3-rte] Setting up personal and custom dictionaries

Ron Hall ron.hall at typo3.org
Fri Oct 10 22:21:34 CEST 2014

Hello Stanislas,

>> Sorry, I may have misled you. Since TYPO3 6.2, the personal dictionary
>> should be created in a subfolder of the default upload folder of the BE
>> user. The name of the subfolder should be BE_[uid]_personaldictionary.

>> The default BE user upload folder is configurable in UserTSConfig with
>> options.defaultUploadFolder

>> Please let me know if you find the personal dictionary there

That was helpful. We are getting closer.

Yes, I do see the files here:

fileadmin
    SiteFiles
        user_upload
            BE_15_personaldictionary
                .aspell.en.prepl
                .asplell.en.pws
            BE_50_personaldictionary
                .aspell.en.prepl
                .asplell.en.pws

So, it looks like the files are being created.

If I delete the directory for a user, then as soon as that user opens the spellchecker the directory and files are created. Each time the user opens the spell checker the "last opened" and "modified" times are updated on the files.

Here's what happens when I click "Add to dictionary" for the word "Webcast" and then hit "OK" to close the spell checker. The  "last opened" and "modified" times change on the files and they go from 0k to 24-30k.

aspell.en.prepl contains:
personal_repl-1.1 en 0

 .asplell.en.pws contains:
personal_ws-1.1 en 1
webcast

If I then open the speller check again the contents of the files immediately go away.

To me it looks like the files are being created and changes are saved to them; however, with each opening of the spell checker the files are recreated as empty.

Thanks,
Ron